Stuff that occurs to me

All of my 'how to' posts are tagged here. The most popular posts are about blocking and private accounts on Twitter, also the science communication jobs list. None of the science or medical information I might post to this blog should be taken as medical advice (I'm not medically trained).

Think of this blog as a sort of nursery for my half-baked ideas hence 'stuff that occurs to me'.

Contact: @JoBrodie Email: jo DOT brodie AT gmail DOT com

Science in London: The 2018/19 scientific society talks in London blog post

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Post for me to remember to tell people who've asked me to tell them stuff #aidememoire

Every now and again I ask a question on Twitter and someone says "I don't know but let me know if you find out". This is my attempt to make sure I do that. I'll just update this whenever someone asks me to update them.

31 January 2012
@Frontera2 would like to know, as would I, what that programme was (in the last couple of years) that was looking at the signage (design of) at Heathrow Airport. I have a strong memory of seeing it but a dim memory of actually remembering what the programme was called.
Because it's a TV programme it might not be on imdb although it's always worth a look I suppose, but the first place I went to was the ftvdb - film and tv database at the bfi and I found this: The Secret Life of the Airport. It's definitely a possible, and it turns out that it was broadcast on BBC4 as part of their quirky 'Secret Life of...'. These programmes usually have rather good background music and I tend to enjoy them (they did the one on the Secret Life of the National Grid too).

Until proven otherwise (ie watching a definitive clip on YouTube to confirm / disconfirm) I'm going with this, more on the programme here.






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous says

    "Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog!

    We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in
    the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on.
    You have done a extraordinary job!
    Also see my site - [redacted]"

    The site redacted is for an unnecessary product, marketed by a MoreNiche affiliate marketer - I'm afraid I never knowingly link to those sites.

    The entire comment is cuckoo spam - trying to get an outgoing link from my blog to their site.

    ReplyDelete

Comment policy: I enthusiastically welcome corrections and I entertain polite disagreement ;) Because of the nature of this blog it attracts a LOT - 5 a day at the moment - of spam comments (I write about spam practices,misleading marketing and unevidenced quackery) and so I'm more likely to post a pasted version of your comment, removing any hyperlinks.

Comments written in ALL CAPS LOCK will be deleted and I won't publish any pro-homeopathy comments, that ship has sailed I'm afraid (it's nonsense).